Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yadda yadda yadda

Today has been one of those lazy days where I don't do anything productive. =)

The last two days I didn't do anything either, but I was in too much pain to function.

I have not slept well in days. I also haven't been taking my medicine for sleep, which doesn't help. I ended up taking it last night, but it wasn't helpful because of the pain. Monday I was so out of it from the medicine that I didn't feel too much pain. Yesterday during the day I was fine, but last night the pain got really bad around 8 or 9. I couldn't take any more tylenol. I laid in bed with a hot/cold pack that had been warmed in the microwave. I don't think it took very long to fall asleep. I slept fine until about 4 am, and then kept waking up in pain.

I wanted some Tylenol, some water, and some heat for my mouth. My mom had told me to call her if I needed anything during the night... but I was so tired and sore that I didn't have the energy to call her. I woke up several times between then and 7:30. I woke up and hollered for my mom, but she didn't hear me. I fell back asleep and only woke up a few times before 10. I finally got out of bed. I had a phone appointment at 11 to discuss student teaching with the field placement director. That call went well, and I am excited to start teaching February 1st.

My mom came home for lunch and we ate, and then I came and laid down again. I've just been doing things on the computer... but nothing of any importance.

I do need to work on proofing Kimberly's stuff... but that's all I really *need* to get done before January.

I mailed off the Christmas present for my dad and stepmom today... and found out that my stepsister got engaged! How exciting. :)

I'm trying to be patient and wait for final grades, but it's hard. They aren't due til the 23rd, and some teachers wait until the last minute. I have 4 classes, and if the grades on D2L are correct, I should be getting an A in 3 of them. The last class was my toughest class, and I figured I'd get a B--but I got an A! So now I just need to wait and make sure the others are A's! I hope so.. would be nice to have a 4.0. My overall GPA is 3.7, but would love to bring it a little higher. It's been a rough semester between recovering from surgery and being so sick--so I think I did well, even if I didn't get a 4.0. I'll update everyone when I do get my grades.

I go in for more dental surgery on Friday. While I'm glad I am knocked out and won't remember it, I'm not looking forward to the pain that comes with it. I sure hope this pain is gone or much better by then. We'll see.

I'm going to go start proofing--I need to get that done soon... this month has slipped away from me! It's important that I get it done on time!

No comments: