Sunday, December 6, 2009

Trip to Madison

Today was an exhausting day.

My mom and I woke up early and headed to Madison for church. It was so nice to see some old friends and be back at First Baptist--I do miss it there, though I love my church here in Brookings too.

I brought my camera, and was able to take pictures with a lot of friends--that was important to me. Pictures have always been so important to me. Now that the way I look is changing quite frequently, it's important for me to document that and get pictures. If I want to put a profile picture up on Facebook of me and my friend Tiff, but only have one from a year ago when I look so different, that's not fun. So I wanted new pictures. =)

Then my mom and I went and got lunch. It's one of the few times I've eaten out since surgery. I ate a little too much (but it was SOOOO good) so I felt a bit sick after I finished, but it was worth it. Good food!

We then headed to my apartment to finish packing it. We had made plans to get together with Laura. Well, she was nice enough to come help us pack! She was a HUGE help! She packed the frames and things on my walls and then helped in the bathroom and bedroom. She was so fast, and we couldn't have finished without her! (Love you Laura!!! Thanks again!)

I was EXHAUSTED by the time we were done. I had a lot of pain today. Yesterday the pain was sharp, shooting pain... today it was dull, aching pain. Much easier to handle, but still no fun. It was a long day. We got home around 5:30 I think. I've just relaxed since then. I'm trying to rest and keep heat on my back to avoid taking pain medicine.

Tomorrow I need to start on my phonics project. If I get it done tomorrow, my teacher will look at it for content and organization and give me feedback. The down side is that she offered that to the graduate students weeks ago. She offered it to the undergrads on Friday. Well, I have been busy all weekend, and haven't had a chance to work on my project! If I had known a week ago, I'd already have it done. But, that's okay. I got a 95/100 on my last one, and I think I'll do okay even if I don't get feedback. We'll see though--if I do get it done, feedback will help me get a better grade! :)

We are moving my stuff out of my apartment on Saturday. If anyone reading this is in Madison or Brookings (or somewhere around here) and willing to help, we would REALLY appreciate your help. We hardly have any so far, since we just decided today. Since I can't lift, that already makes it much harder. So please please please let me know if you can help us!

Well, I'm going to check my e-mail and Facebook and then think about reading or heading to bed. It's been a long day, and I'm ready for it to be over! :)

No comments: