Last night was good. I was in so much pain all day but didn't say a word until after we opened presents. I didn't want to spend the whole day complaining. My mom and I went to church--other services in town were canceled, but my church still had ours. While it was cold and yucky outside, it was worth it to go to church. I love the Christmas Eve service!
Then we came home and ate supper. I miss our old tradition of making homemade pizza on Christmas Eve. We didn't do it because I am the one who forces the issue every year, and I haven't been able to handle mozzerella cheese. But as soon as we can get to the store again, I want to try it. See, I eat my pizza in a weird way. I pick off the cheese and create a pile of cheese that I save for the end (because it has always been my favorite part). Then I eat the crust and sauce... and it's yummy! So I want to make homemade pizza again, because even if I can't eat the cheese, I'll enjoy the crust and sauce. Sounds weird, huh? But it's yummy.
So instead we ate and then opened presents. Was fun, but I knew all 4 of my gifts ahead of time. Still enjoyed getting them, of course. I got a blue down blanket, a beautiful mother of pearl ring, a cool insulated lunch tote that looks like a purse, and a set of keychains that say "Faith", "Hope", and "Love" and open up to be a little clock. I, of course, put "Hope" on my keychain. I gave "Love" to my mom, and will find a place for "Faith".
I stayed up until after 2 am reading. I finished The Shack, read Blue Like Jazz, and am now reading a book I got for free to review.
I slept until 11, but was in too much pain to get up so I didn't move much before 12:30.
It just didn't feel like Christmas... my mom brought my stocking in with two chocolate treats in there for me. They should last a LONG time, because I'm technically not allowed to have sugar. I eat a tiny piece for a treat every once in awhile, though.
We were supposed to go spend Christmas with the Lee's, but this blizzard complicated things. They couldn't get out to go get MaryJo's mom from her assisted living apartment. There was a LOT of snow and more to come--so they called to postpone it until tomorrow. It snowed this afternoon and we are supposed to get more, so personally, I don't see how that makes much sense. I think it'll be worse tomorrow--so I am not going to get my hopes up that we will be going. We'll see. I understand that safety comes first, but it's supposed to get worse today, not better.
I didn't eat anything until about 4 pm, and when I did, I felt extremely sick. Ugh! The smell of my mom's lunch and whatever my mom and brother had for supper both made me feel sick, so I have stayed in my room all day.
I rested this afternoon, reading and playing games. Gavin was laying with me for the last few hours, but Bailey just jumped up and started fighting with him so Gavin got up and left. Ugh.. problem cat.
I ate some green beans for supper. My mouth hurts so badly. I have a very sharp pain if I chew on the right side of my mouth. I shouldn't, since they did work there. I can't eat on that side of my mouth. It's a pain, but I don't have the money to go back and figure out what's wrong. I wouldn't want them poking around anyway without sedation, so it'll never happen. -sigh-
Now my cats are just sitting on my floor fighting with each other. We took down the Christmas tree today. It was more work than it was probably worth--the cats were horrible with it. It was nice while it lasted. I don't think we've ever taken the tree down before Christmas was even over.
Like I said, it just doesn't feel like Christmas. That's not a bad thing... it just doesn't. It feels like a blizzard-y day in January before school starts. Nothing feels special about it.
I am looking forward to getting some good sleep tonight--I HAVE to remember to take my sleep medicine tonight, because I haven't for several days.
Tomorrow we'll go to the Lee's if the weather is decent. Otherwise, it'll probably just be another lazy day of reading and dinking around on the computer.
I woke up with an awful headache, and my back has been horrible the last few days. It makes sense, with the snow and cold weather. It stinks, though. I feel awful and just want to sleep--that's not how I want to spend each day. It's almost like what people feel like when they struggle with severe depression, except I'm not depressed--just in pain. But it's just this feeling of... ugh... I don't have the energy to do anything because I feel awful and just want to rest.
It's not fun. =(
I'm hoping and praying for a better day tomorrow. I've had several days like this in a row, and I'm not sure how much more I can take.
I need to get the heating pad back on my back, and find something productive to do. I hope everyone out there is having a very Merry Christmas, and that people around here are staying safe and warm inside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment