Saturday, December 12, 2009

Moving = painful

Well, I'm all moved. Surprisingly, it went pretty fast. We started around 9 am and finished a little after 2.

I am so thankful for all the help. Thank you Mom, Laura, Marvin, Vanessa, Brent, Nate, and Raelene!

They were all such fast and hard workers! We loaded the truck and headed back to Brookings. I was sore when I woke up this morning, so I was not looking forward to today. By the time I packed all the last minute things in Madison, I was ready to be done.

We got back to Brookings and they unloaded--assembly line style. Most things were just going to be stored in the basement, so that was the easy part. A few things needed to come upstairs, like my bed and dresser.

I was SO looking forward to having my bed! The bed I had was old and not very good for my back... so I am thankful that I can sleep in my good bed again tonight... I haven't since May!

Two years ago for Christmas, I was given a very special gift. We spend the holidays with Dr. Lee and MaryJo. MaryJo gave me a hope chest that belonged to HER mother at one time. It was passed down to MaryJo and she gave it to me. She has two sons... and said that she sees me like a daughter. The hope chest is extremely special to me, and I didn't want it sitting in the basement. Well, to put it in my room meant that everything had to be rearranged. The bed, dresser, TV stand, desk... everything.

So after we got done unloading, we ordered pizza for everyone. Marvin and Laura left right away, but the others stayed to eat.

So after eating, Vanessa and Brent left because they had some graduation parties to go to.

Nate and Raelene stayed to help (thank God!). That's when we rearranged my room, swapped out beds and dressers, etc. It would have taken my mom and I hours to do it alone. Luckily they helped and it went quickly!

While people were still eating, I went to run into my room. I bent over to pick up Kado, and tripped on my jeans (they are so big and baggy that I trip on them often) and couldn't catch myself and landed flat on my butt and then back onto my back. Ugh. It hurt SO badly... I could hardly breathe for awhile... then I just cried. I couldn't move and didn't want to push myself so I said I was just going to lay there for a bit. When I did get up, the pain got a lot worse. I have a lot of pain now in my tailbone and lower back and my right leg. So while everyone else was working on my room, I was laying on my bed.

We finished up and Nate took my mom to drop the U-Haul off... and Raelene went to go hang out with another friend.

I am now laying on my bed with the heating pad on my back... the pain, even now, kind of takes my breath away. It's dark in my room and I plan to just relax and rest for awhile. I am worn out... it's been a LONG day.

I know I'd be feeling a whole lot better if I hadn't fallen... ugh. =(

Anyway.. I'm all moved.. but now I'm off to rest!

No comments: