What a long day. I'm exhausted!
I didn't sleep well at all last night, which is frustrating because I was asleep by 1 and took a pill... I got enough sleep, but woke up exhausted. It was SO hard to get out of bed this morning.
I got up and showered because I needed to be to Aimee's house by 10:15 to watch Chaya. She was her normal happy and smiley self... but tired! She took a nap from 11:30-12:30 and then she ate a bit and then she ended up falling asleep again at 2! I felt bad because it's nice when I can wear her out and then she sleeps for Aimee when she gets home.. but that's just not how today went. It was fun though and nice to be able to spend some time with a baby! :)
Then I came home and planned to work on Christmas letters (one that I plan to send out with cards as well as a family one for my mom to send out), but I wasn't hardly home long enough. My mom and I went with June to go look at a small table and two chairs. We haven't had a table in our dining room in years, and June wanted to buy this one for us that she saw in a newspaper or something. So we went and she bought it for us. :)
Then I got home and ate supper, which did not settle well... I felt sick for quite some time afterwards. Ugh. I hate that.
So then I went to InterVarsity--for the last time. I went through a tough time last semester as I was transitioning from college classes to (what was supposed to be) student teaching. It was hard to let go of InterVarsity and transition to being somewhat of an adult. Well, then things got even more complicated when I had to change everything this semester. So now I'm going through it again. I had gotten involved with the SDSU IV chapter since I was living here... and have had a blast getting to know them. Now it's hard to transition out of that place again.
Everyone keeps saying "But you're teaching in Brookings--you can still come!". They don't understand the demands of the student teaching semester. It's several hours a day in the classroom followed by a lot of planning and preparation time at night... with a lack of sleep and a lack of social life. I am prepared for it... as much as I can be.
I will be in Brookings, but there is no way I can go to Bible study every Tuesday and/or The Point (large group) every Thursday. I just won't have the time or energy.
So tonight I feel like another chapter closed in my life... and it's bittersweet. I have been involved with InterVarsity for 5 1/2 years. My closest friendships came about because of IV. I made the biggest decision of my life (to follow Jesus) because of IV. I learned to seek guidance and wisdom from God and actually follow where he wants me to go... it's been wonderful. Sure, there have been problems and conflict as well... but I am very thankful and blessed for the time I've had with IV from 2004-2009.
Now that's over... and it's strange. But, oddly enough, I have a peace about it. Part of me is freaking out and saying "If I don't have IV, I won't ever see my friends and I will lose my support system and and and....." But in all reality, I know that God will provide whatever I need. It's scary to take a step into the "real world", but it feels good.
My facebook status currently is:
Sarah Nelson .:. "Growing up and getting older... I don't wanna believe it's over..." It's weird to close another chapter of my life... but I know God is moving me to better things, and I'm excited to see where he takes me next!
It's true. I am excited. I know that good things are in store... but it's always a bit scary when something like that ends. IV has been such a HUGE part of my life... that to live without it seems so impossible. Obviously it's not--I can live without IV... just not without God...--but it feels that way.
So tonight as I write... please pray for this transition... pray it happens smoothly and that I find my place in the "real world". I am thinking that I need to get more involved with my church (possibly Sunday school or a Bible study) so I have some friends and support next semester... but even that feels a bit scary.
I know that no matter what, God is in control. And for that, I am incredibly thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment