Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snowed in

Still pretty much snowed in. I personally have only left the house one in over a week, though it is possible to get out the door. It's nasty out there.

I just talked to my friend Ashley. I texted her to see if they were going to get to Urbana, a big missions conference that InterVarsity puts on every 3 (I think) years. I believe they were going to leave yesterday morning. Then the blizzard came and the interstates closed, so they couldn't. She just called me and said they are going to pray and leave! The interstates are back open! Yippee! Please continue to pray for safe travels for them. There are around 20 going from SDSU... I am not sure how many from DSU. I do know that there will be THOUSANDS from around the country--many will have to drive in some sort of bad weather to get there. So please pray for that.

I was able to have homemade pizza for lunch, and was even able to eat some of the cheese! It made me VERY happy! Was so yummy. I was so excited, so I ate a little too much, even though I stopped before it was all gone. My stomach was a bit upset for awhile, but is better now.

Christmas with the Lee's has been postponed again until tomorrow at 2. We'll see how that goes.

Between feeling a bit sick from lunch and feeling very sick from the chicken my mom was cooking, I just wanted to rest. I laid down and ended up sleeping for quite awhile. I rest for several hours, even though I didn't sleep the whole time. It was nice to just rest.

Now I feel better, but still have a ton of pain. I also have a bit of a fever. My back has been really bad lately--because of the cold and all the snow. My mom says we got about 17 inches of snow. Even a dusting of snow can cause lots of pain, so it is pretty extreme right now.

Last night I got frustrated with how much time I spend doing nothing: playing games on the computer, watching TV/movies... I do those things to relax and have fun. We all need that. But on days when I don't feel good I do those things for 10-15 hours! That's a huge waste of time. I'm torn because I can't really do much else. I can't get up and go volunteer my time or go shovel or bake for someone else. There's not much you can do lying down.

Still, I was very unsatisfied. I spent the rest of my night curled up in bed under my blanket and spent some time with God with worship music in the background.

Today I turned MSN off and closed my computer for 3 hours, but then I fell asleep. I'm trying to be more conscious about how I spend my time.

I am going to try hard to pick up writing letters again. I'd love to make a card each time I write someone, but I don't have that much energy. I do want to buy a pack of fun lined paper, because that will help motivate me. I'd like to write Catherine, who is MaryJo's mom. She lives in an assissted living place. There are other people I know who could benefit from a nice letter every once in awhile. It's an easy way to brighten somebody's day.

Gavin is sleeping next to me on my bed. :) I love that he loves to lay with me. Bailey and Kado lay with me sometimes, but not like Gavin does.

I'm thinking I'm probably a bit dehydrated because I have been craving water like crazy. I think it's cool that our bodies 'tell' us when we need something like water by making us extra thirsty. I don't understand how God created our bodies, but it's pretty darn amazing!

I still haven't replied to the grad school yet, so I am going to try to get that done before Monday. Maybe I'll work on it today--we'll see. I'm just not feeling well and lack motivation. That's nothing new, but it's sad.

A while ago, I bought these change jars on QVC. They are blue, and are the electronic kind that recognize what coin you are putting in them and keep a running total of what is inside. I have collected over $80 in change. I planned to use that for student teaching clothes, but I may not need a ton. Quite a bit of what I still have for shirts still fits (though they fit much better than they did before). I DO need some new pants, but will be getting a bit of money (not sure how much) from Voc Rehab to buy clothes. I may not even need to use that money! That means I can come up with something else to use it for, like books! Or I can keep saving for something big! We'll see. I've had the money in there for a long time, and haven't touched it. I'm quite proud of that.

My mom said that for my stocking, (since apparently she didn't get enough for it--though I think she did), she is going to get me the next two books in the series I'm reading. I don't have books 3-5, so I'm excited to get the next few. I am reading a book right now that I agreed to review, but it's not as easy to read. Sure, it's good information, but the Karen Kingsbury books I just don't want to put down! I'm about halfway done with the book I'm reviewing--will be glad to finish.

I am going to post this and drink some more water so I can find something else to do. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is staying warm!

No comments: