My mouth is still very sore today.
My mom asked me just a few minutes ago if surgery went well yesterday (or something like that). I said "uhh no!"
See, the dentist apparently called last night to ask how I was doing. She said that I had told her that I could feel it and that I was in pain. Turns out there were tears coming from my eyes during surgery like it hurt, so they kept giving me more medicine. Apparently, they didn't give me enough.
I do remember that when I would cry, they would give me another shot which would hurt more. I suppose they figured I was sedated enough to give me some novocaine. They thought wrong.
While I know there is a lot I probably did not feel, I felt a lot, and it was very painful. It reminded me why I hate the dentist so much to begin with.
At least Monday I didn't feel anything. I still have lots of pain, though--from Monday and yesterday.
My gums hurt very badly in one spot--the spot I think they kept giving me shots. No other spot on my gums has hurt, so I'm guessing that's why.
Either way, my mouth is sore today.
The pain in my mouth is giving me a pretty nasty headache, but taking tylenol was not helping. I hate taking pills I don't need or that don't help (especially every 4 hours). I have resorted to just putting heat on it as often as I can. It's a bit hard to spend all day with one hand up to my mouth.
My other two grades still aren't in--I'm getting anxious! They are due on Wednesday, so I know they will be in for sure by then.
My brother is coming home Monday. Hopefully he beats any snow we may be getting.
Today I read ten chapters in the book I'm reading. It was nice to just relax and read a bit, but I left off at a spot that leaves me eager to read more! I am in the second book of a five book series. I don't have books 3-5... so I need to slow down because I may not be able to afford the books for awhile!
Tonight I sent off Kimberly's document back to her that my mom and I proofed. I proofed it first, though I was in so much pain that it was hard to think. She then proofed it again as I was in surgery. And then I made the corrections. I was feeling bad because I've had it since Dec 9th or so... it took quite a while to get it back to her (longer than normal). It was hard, though, with school finishing and two surgeries. So I'm glad it's out of the way now.
My to-do list is fairly short right now.
* Pay electric bill
* Get one last present
* Possibly paint a present
* Wrap present for the Lee's
* Update management plan on school portfolio
* See surgeon Dec 29th
* Make appointment to see Voc Rehab counselor (gotta wait for final grades to come in)
* Go see eyedoctor and get new glasses (gotta wait for the $ for that)
That's the shortest to-do list I've had in MONTHS! :)
That leaves me with some free time to read and do other things that I've wanted to do for a while. It's good to have free time. Going to go watch the end of a movie and then lay down and rest! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment