I got quite a bit done today, though it's nothing that you can physically see.
I didn't do anything this morning after I woke up. I ate lunch and then I started working.
My friend Bunny and I were talking about when I applied for SSI/disability/whatever before. I was denied two times because I hadn't worked enough, apparently. I think I was maybe applying for the wrong thing, but I can't remember. She suggested I e-mail two people and see what they think about me applying again. I typed out an e-mail to them. I explained who I was, why I was writing them, and what the problem was. I sent the e-mails off, so we'll see if and when I get a response.
Then I finished a gift for my mom and wrapped it. That's the only one that you can physically see! Everything else I did was on the computer or phone.
I then called and made an appointment to see my Voc Rehab counselor Emily next week.
We're supposed to get 12-18+ inches of snow by Christmas--yuck! I hope it's better by next week and the roads are good. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday, and an appointment with Emily on Wednesday. If I can't make it to Sioux Falls on Tuesday, I don't think I can go in any time before summer. That would not go over well!
I also have some errands to run next week to get ready for student teaching. I have to find the Brookings School District business office (didn't know one existed--so I need to find where it is) and go talk to them. We have to have fingerprints done and a background check before we can student teach. Mine got sent to Madison this summer. I have to go ask if they will accept the old one, and if so, ask Madison to mail it here. I hope they accept it. If I have to do it again, it'll be another $50, and I don't have that!
I paid my electric bill and enclosed a letter asking them to disconnect (in Madison) on December 31st.
I made plans to see my stepsister tomorrow--yippee! :)
I have two things left I really need to get done in the next few days. First is my portfolio. Before we can student teach, our portfolio needs to be checked. Well when mine was reviewed, I was missing one component because I was taking a class and hadn't done the assignment yet that needed to be posted on the portfolio. Now it's done, obviously, but I haven't put it up yet. So I need to get my external hard drive out and put it up.
Then, I need to e-mail USD back. I got answers to my questions--but have many more to ask. I have been meaning for a week to e-mail the woman back. I want to make sure it is a complete e-mail, though, so there is no additional confusion. I need to go to their website, look at the programs, and decide specifically what I am interested in. Then I can get answers to my specific questions.
I have filled out my application to work with the children's ministry at my church that I talked about in my last entry. It's all ready to be sent off. I just need to wait because it asks for 3 references. Well, I wanted to double check and ask if it was okay to use the three people I chose as references. I am waiting for them to respond and say it is okay. So as soon as that's done, I'll send that off and get rolling on that.
I'm so excited about the changes in my life. I am excited to student teach, help out at church, find a new Bible study... but I am still worried.
I still am in an incredible amount of pain each day, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, even with the weight loss. I thought it would. I know that I still have more to lose, and there's a chance it'll get better--BUT I would have thought that after 102 lbs, there would be some difference. There's not.
Please keep me in your prayers as I transition into this next semester. It'll be a full schedule--I will be SO busy--and will probably be dealing with a lot of pain. I'd love love love for God to heal me and take the pain away. But if that's not a part of His plan, please pray for strength for me to get through it all. Also pray for me to keep relying on Him and His strength instead of my own. That's the only way I'll get through it.
While I've accomplished a lot today, I've been a bum and am still in my pajamas. I thought about staying this way all night, but I think I'm going to go shower and change into another set of PJs. haha... what a rough life, huh? =) I'm on Christmas vacation! Give me a break! :)
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment