Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pain pain go away...

I had a lot of good days this past week. I'm very glad for that, because today was not a good day.

I woke up between 8:30 and 9 (I think)... in so so so much pain. I actually had gone to bed at 8:10 because I wasn't feeling well--last night's supper didn't settle well. I slept from about 9:20 until 3 am... but from 3 on, I was tossing and turning in pain. I woke up so stiff and sore that it took me quite awhile (longer than it has in a long time) to actually get out of bed. I had to wiggle one way and then scoot an inch and then wiggle some more... it's tough to move when you're that sore and stiff.

I got up and my mom got me some water and I laid back down on my bed with my computer. Around 11 or so, I went out into the living room to sit up. Was hoping it would help my back to change positions, but it didn't. Kept the heating pad on it all day, but that didn't seem to help much either.

I ate lunch (green beans and 1/3rd of a turkey sandwich) and then laid back down again. I rested all afternoon, but wasn't able to sleep. I considered taking pain medicine, but went without.

I played games on the computer and read some of a book while watching Christmas movies on Lifetime in the background.

My mom came in around 5 and said supper was ready. Turkey! I ate too much, but it was SOOOO good. My stomach is upset though because I had too much and I think I ate too fast.

I was SOOO thirsty after I finished eating. One rule after surgery is that after you eat, you have to wait 30 minutes to drink anything. I am not sure if that is a forever rule, or if I can eventually stop waiting that 30 minutes. My 30 minutes was just up and my mom brought me some water. YUMMY! When I am thirsty, I want it right now!!!! The waiting is so hard... I wanted to gulp it down, but that's not allowed either.

Tonight I have to get my external hard drive out and load my school documents back onto my computer. I'm not going to put all my music and pictures back on yet (because that would take a few hours to transfer), but I need my school stuff. I also need to transfer my bookmarks, so I can do my weekly post-surgery journal. It doesn't feel like a week since my last one, but it has been 8 days.

Then I plan to just rest tonight... we didn't end up going to Madison to pack because my back was hurting so badly. Hopefully it's better tomorrow and we can go. We'll see!

Pain pain go away... don't come back another day...

No comments: