Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve!

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve!

Sure, it's only a little after midnight, but crazy. Most years I am so eager to exchange gifts and celebrate Christmas that this day never comes fast enough. Now, I could easily wait another month.

I do love Christmas, but it's been one crazy year. I can't believe how fast it's gone. I suppose that's not a bad thing.

I am looking forward to both tonight (opening presents with my mom and brother) and tomorrow (Christmas at the Lee's). I have to finish wrapping a few gifts for the guests at the Lee's--I'll do that in the morning.

I am bummed because I was REALLY looking forward to going to church tomorrow, and was hoping my mom would come with me. But she said several times tonight that she wasn't going out again til Christmas Day when we go to the Lee's. If we get 18+ inches of snow (after sleet), I understand.. but I look forward to the Christmas Eve service all year. I don't think I feel safe to go alone in this bad weather. Stupid blizzard.

It should be a good day anyway--I get to relax at least.

Today I was supposed to get together with my stepsister and her daughter, but she had to cancel. We'll try again next week.

After I found out she had to cancel, I got sick anyway, so it is probably best.

My dad called me this afternoon to let me know he had gotten my Christmas present (but hadn't opened it because he was waiting for my stepmom to get home). We talked for an hour and forty minutes. Was a good talk, and I was able to thank him for the gift he sent me. =)

Family is good and important all year, but so so so special during the holidays.

I am thirsty and would like to get up, get some water, and read for a bit but my cat Gavin is laying down between my legs on the blanket and I can't get up.

I read until 3 am yesterday morning--I finished the book I was reading. I am going crazy now because it's a series... I've read books 1 and 2, but don't have 3, 4, and 5. So I was a bit bummed that I didn't have a book to start.

Instead I started reading The Shack by WM Paul Young. I started reading it last year and read 50 pages, but lost interest. I read chapter 1 before heading to bed last night... today I've read to page 72. Hoping to finish it before Christmas Day, but we'll see!

I'm going to check my e-mail one more time and then go read a bit before bed. I'm tired, and will hopefully be asleep by 1:30 or 2 am. =)

I may or may not update tomorrow after we open gifts and whatnot--we'll see.

Either way...

Merry Christmas!

No comments: