Yesterday we were finally able to go to the Lee's and celebrate Christmas and Dr. Lee's birthday. It was a lot of fun! I had quite a bit of back pain, so I struggled a bit, but I had a wonderful time. There were 12 of us there: Dr. Lee, MaryJo, Doug, Catherine, my mom, Ross, me, Kent, Pravara, Yi, Song, and Yan. We always have such fun together. Yan was new--it was so fun to meet her. :)
I was anxious all day to get to present opening time. We had made a photo book for the Lee's with pictures of the last several years of holidays we've spent together. We included letters from those who have spend holidays with them. I couldn't wait to give it to them! They LOVED it! MaryJo ended up in tears, as did my mom. They looked at it briefly, but I can't wait to find out what they thought of it after they were able to read it fully. =) It was such a nice gift.
From the Lee's, I got a $150 gift card to Younkers to buy clothes for student teaching. I'm excited about that--very kind of them! I need some clothes (I gave away clothes that were too big for me, and only have 3 pairs of pants left that fit--but they are all getting too big). Clothes are expensive, so it's so nice that now I can use this and don't have to try to find the money!
Tomorrow I have an appointment in Sioux Falls to see my surgeon. The appointment is at 1 pm. If I'm feeling up for it (and if my mom is, if she goes along), I'll maybe go check out Younkers. I don't want to spend it all right away (since I'll hopefully go down a few sizes throughout the semester), but now is the best time with after Christmas deals. Lots of things are on sale.
Wednesday I meet with my Voc Rehab counselor, Emily. We'll hopefully talk about them buying me some clothes for student teaching. I'll also give her a print out of my grades--my 4.0! Woohoo!
I went to bed early last night. We got home around 10:30 or so. I was in bed around midnight and asleep by 1. I woke up this morning and drank 2 bottles of water--I was so thirsty.
I ate lunch, but I didn't even get all of it down and it came back up. =( The last several days, my stomach has been touchy. When I eat, I feel very sick. I can be eating and feel just fine--but then I take one more bite (not feeling full yet, so it's not that) and get severe stomach pains and feel so sick that I need to lay down. I'm trying to eat slower to see if maybe I just am not realizing I'm full, but that doesn't seem to be helping. Who knows... since I didn't keep my lunch in me, I'm pretty hungry right now.
My mom got me books 3 and 4 in the series I am reading. I got them on Saturday night. Was up til 2 am reading book 3--I read it start to finish. I also started book 4--read about 360 pages that night. I didn't read yesterday and haven't read today either.
I have a fever today and had one a few days ago. I'm not sure if I have something and that's why I am having issues eating--or what. I have a headache and feel worn down and exhausted, so I may be sick with something mild.
I wanted to take a nap this afternoon, but wasn't able to sleep. Just don't feel very good. I'm very thirsty so I think I'm going to attempt to go get some water. The next few days will be pretty busy for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment