Dream:
* ambition: a cherished desire
* someone or something wonderful
What are your dreams? I often let my mind wander to the people closest to me... my mom, my brother, my friends... I wonder what their dreams are. Not just the simple things, like "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Instead, I wonder what the desires of their hearts are. What, if they could have anything without limits, would make them happy?
Things don't make us happy... God makes us (or at least me) happy...
But there are several dreams I have... some are huge and seem impossible. Some are small and could happen tomorrow. It's fun to dream--I know that God will take them and do what he wishes with them.
The song "Set the World on Fire" by Britt Nicole says:
* "I am small but You, You are big enough
I am weak but You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams come and give them wings
Lord with You, there`s nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do
I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father`s hands
I love that song. That's my ultimate dream. I do want to feed the hungry children. I want to sit with the hungry and poor and hurting. I want to hug them and tell them about the hope that is found in Jesus.
I have other dreams as well.
* I dream of making a difference in the lives of children I work with. For years I thought this would come through teaching; now I am wondering if counseling/guidance is the way. Either way, I want to touch the lives of children.
* I want to write children's books.
* I want to continue to journal my life so someday my kids/grandkids/whoever can learn about me when I am no longer here to tell my story.
* I dream of going on missions trips without physical limitations.
* I dream of LIFE without physical limitations... life without pain. Obviously life has pain, but I'd love a life without chronic pain.
* I dream of visiting Germany and/or Austria. I dream of relearning the language and becoming fluent (Rosetta Stone, anyone? If only it wasn't so expensive). I dream ofcrossing cultural boundaries.
* I dream of simple things too, like being able to support my friends who are going into ministry full time.
* One huge dream of mine (it feels huge, but is very small) is for my family to go to church together. I'd love for the three of us to go to church on Christmas Eve... come home and eat together, and open presents. That would be a perfect night for me.
* I feel like lately, especially this semester, I've been worn down and sick and sore. Between surgery, sickness, my back, and my teeth... it's been frustrating for me to reflect on conversations and days when I know I've been so blessed, but so much of what I've said was negative or a complaint. I dream that God would totally transform my heart (I know he already is--it's a process) to where even the worst day can't take away the joy I have. To where each day I am so thankful about all that God has given me that I can't help but tell others that. I try hard to be positive, but I often fail. I dream for a heart of joy always.
I have a lot of other dreams.. but for now I'm going to think about going to sleep and having another type of dream. =)
I am really curious, though... if you're reading this... please sign the guestbook and share a dream or two (or twenty). I want to know what my friends and family are dreaming and hoping for--the deep or simple things that would make them happy.
Keep dreaming out there.. when you stop dreaming and hoping, days are a lot darker. Dreaming ignites a passion that nothing else can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment