Yesterday was one of the best days that I have had in a LONG time. I was really worried that I was going to get sick from the smell of food cooking on Thanksgiving. Every food smell made me sick for weeks, and I was sure that yesterday was going to just be awful for me.
I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find out that was not the case. I woke up and finished my research paper. I wrote 6 of my 7 page paper in about an hour. I was so happy to get it done. I am still waiting to get a grade, so we'll see. I am finished with three of my four classes and only have 4 things left to do for the semester--read a chapter, do an assignment, do a project, and a test. Not bad.
So yesterday was an awesome time at the Lee's. There were 12 of us, 5 international people from Thailand and China. It was so much fun! Had great food, amazing company, and a lot of laughs! Was a picture perfect holiday. I have my pictures on Facebook, so if you are my friend, you should check them out! :) It was very important for me to get some pictures this year because I look quite a bit different from last year! :)
My mom's computer died the other day, though it's been giving her problems for weeks. There was a Black Friday sale at Best Buy where you could get a 15 in HP laptop for $197. Good deal, huh? So we woke up at 2 am and headed to Sioux Falls to see if we could get one. The line when we got there was already wrapped around to the back of the store. We met a very nice woman from Marshall, MN and talked to her--that really helped to pass the time. It was a lot of fun, but FREEZING! We were out there from before 3 until 5. We didn't get the laptop, of course, because they only had so many tickets for them, and they were gone long before they got to us. When we were up to the front of the building, the line was all the way to the back of the store and wrapped around the back of the store. We had a few choices to choose from... a $479 Sony laptop with Blu-ray. Well, neither my mom or I wanted that... or to pay that much. See, I was going to get a computer as well for my own personal use since I hate my school computer. Well we decided to get two netbooks. I never wanted a netbook because they are so small--but it works just fine. I am not sure how it'll work without a CD drive, but we'll see. They are really cute! And handy to take on the go... I think I will start doing my journals on this computer and using it as a portable journal. :) I like it.. and they were decently priced, so it was worth it. I bought one for me and one for my mom.
We got home around 7 am and started up the netbooks to see how they were. Then I went back to bed... slept til 1. Because I wasn't able to take my sleep medicine last night, I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept--ugh! I have a bad headache, and my back is sore from standing for 3 hours in line. So I'm not feeling the greatest, but that's okay. I'll live. I'm just so thankful that I had such a great day yesterday. :)
So now my mom, brother, and I are playing a Mario game on Wii. Later today we will (I think) put up the Christmas tree. It should be a pretty good day! I have a bad headache that feels like it's turning into a migraine, which isn't fun.. so hopefully I can keep my headache and my back pain away today. I want to enjoy today, not feel horrible.
Today I got my post-surgery journal done, and also wrote my 30-day notice for moving out of my apartment. Sounds like a productive day to me! =P
I am so glad that now it's officially Christmas season. I LOVE Christmas! It's my favorite time of year! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment