Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Doctor and stuff

I have never had such a hard time getting an assignment done. I've tried several times to work on this research paper, and haven't hardly even started the reading yet. The paper is nowhere near started. It's not due until Friday--but I'm hoping I can get it done tomorrow. Ugh. I failed at getting it done today.

Today I went to the doctor. I have been feeling exhausted lately. I have no trouble falling asleep or staying asleep (so a sleeping pill wouldn't help). The problem is that I can sleep all night (whether it's 5 hours, 8 hours, or 12 hours) and wake up feeling like I haven't slept in days.

My doctor gave me a prescription for amitriptyline. It's a medicine that can be used for a lot of things. It's most commonly known for being an anti-depressant, but don't worry--that's not why I'm on it. That is when it is a high dosage, such as 300-400 mg. My dose is 25 mg. It can help people fall asleep (which I don't have trouble with). It can also help regulate sleep schedules--which is what I DO need help with. I am supposed to try half a pill for the next two nights and then move to one pill a night. If that isn't helping, I'll take two pills a night.. and if that doesn't help, we'll have to try something else.

He also had me do some blood work (a lot.. they took 5 things of blood.. my arm hurts!) to check my "levels". I'm not sure exactly what he checked, except iron. I am pretty sure my levels are all off, though.. so I'm nervous. Surgery makes levels go off anyway... but not being able to eat anything but crackers and a few other things isn't helping. I'm not getting the nutrients I need. He will call me when he has the results.

I wanted to get my research paper done today, but didn't. It was hard because I spent over an hour at the clinic. By the time I got home, I didn't have much time before 5 when we went to fill my prescription. I got home and had some supper, and now I have no motivation to work. haha.. oh well. Even on the rare occasions that I do something at the last minute, I get it done and do well with it. I will probably get quite a bit, if not all, done tomorrow.

There was some drama today regarding tutoring. I am not going to get into it here, but let me just say that I am pretty sure tutoring is officially over! UGHHHHH! Some people frustrate me.

I am excited because my brother will be here in a few hours! :) I miss him like crazy so I'm excited to spend some time together! Yippee!

On that happy note, I'm going to end this entry and go check my e-mail! :) Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments: