I went to the doctor yesterday, and I do indeed have Influenza. He gave me Tamiflu along with a medicine for nausea. Since I am having issues keeping food and water town, I haven't attempted the nausea medicine yet. It's just one more chance I will throw it all up. Plus, it'll come in handy later on when I don't have the flu but feel sick--he gave me one refill.
My head, throat, and ears are still killing me. I still have aches all over my body. I did sleep pretty well last night (took one of my mom's sleeping pills), but I still feel absolutely exhausted.
I didn't tutor yesterday or today, so I have been able to stay at home and relax.
I have a big research PowerPoint project due on Friday that I need to get working on, and discussions due on Wednesday and Friday. My head is pounding and I just can't seem to focus.
In a few minutes I'm going to take my medicine and then eat a cracker or two to try to help the pill stay down. I'd love to go back to bed, but have work to do. I suppose I could take a nap this afternoon--we'll see how I'm feeling.
I love Tyler Perry movies.. and I got a new one several days ago. You know I feel like crap when I haven't taken the time or energy to watch it yet!!! I have most of his movies. I knew I was missing one.. but I looked on IMDB and there are 2 more that I don't have that I hadn't heard of. Someday I will get those too! :)
Between school and being sick and everything else, I'm not sure how I am going to get my apartment packed up in time. I wanted to go to Source on Saturday in Chamberlain, but I may have to spend the day packing instead.
I pretty much have had my phone set to silent for the last three days because I have been feeling awful... so if anyone out there tries to call me, I probably won't answer. It hurts my throat just to talk--it's so scratchy.
Oh I look forward to the day I feel better! I want to be productive and get things done in school and get farther ahead... yet all I want to do is sleep!
Well I suppose I should go try to get something done... starting with taking my medicine. Hopefully by the time I write next, I will feel better. The only 'good' part to being sick (and it's not really good when you think about it) is that I've lost 6 lbs in the last 3 days because I can't keep things down--I've lost 78 lbs overall.
*Edit to add* I talked to my doctor yesterday about that Tramadol giving me migraines. He said that because my body is not in a stable mode (meaning, I am losing weight rapidly), it may be having that affect on me. He is switching me to a mild narcotic for awhile until I am a bit more stable. That makes me nervous, because I don't like the idea of a narcotic... they are addictive... but I will only take it when I absolutely need it, and hopefully it won't be for very long. I can't take a medicine that gives me a migraine every time I take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment