Today was a wonderful day!
I woke up early (that's the only not so wonderful part). I got up at 7:15 but didn't roll out of bed until 7:30. I showered and got dressed before 8 am. I drank some water and checked my e-mail.
I left Brookings at 8:30 and headed to Madison. I went right to the TC because my friend Jacinda wanted to see me but had class at 10. I got there around 9:10. I hung out in the TC until about 9:50 and then everyone (Jacinda, Casie, Katie, etc) went to class. I went to the help desk and they put a new hard drive in. (That's DSU's answer to everything.. virus? new hard drive... computer going slow? new hard drive... elephant sat on the computer? new hard drive... haha)
I headed back to the TC to wait for people to get out of class. I e-mailed Laura to ask her if she was going to be around that afternoon and had time to get together. I sat there for about an hour and talked with my friends as they came to lunch. I had planned to meet Kimberly at 12 across town, but it was hard to get away from my friends. I finally left at 11:56 and hurried to my car.
Kimberly was running late, so she showed up around 12:20. We had a good meeting and were able to catch up. It was good to talk--it had been a long time. I was there until 1:40 or so, and then I headed back to campus.
I sat and talked with Kim (a friend I've had a lot of classes with) for awhile. I was just getting ready to leave town when I decided to check my e-mail.
I'm glad I did! Laura had e-mailed me and said that I could come hang out after 2 if I wanted to. At 3 I called her and said I was coming, and was there shortly after. We sat and talked for over 3 hours!!! I love Laura. She's so incredibly easy to talk to and I just love spending time with her. :)
It was already dark and I was nervous about driving home because of the deer incident... so I told her that I needed to get home before it was too much later. She prayed that I would get home safely without getting hit or hitting anything... and I did! I was really nervous because it's the first time I have driven in the dark since that deer hit my car.
I got home safely and had real food for supper (yippee!). Now I'm writing this and helping my mom with something. Her aunt is looking for a Zhu Zhu pet for her granddaughter, and every single place my mom calls is sold out... here and in Lincoln, NE. If anyone can find one around your area, let me know and I will reimburse you!!!
I'm going to go work on that some more... but today was a good day. I plan to go to bed somewhat early... and try to get a Bible study in before bedtime. Should be a good night, and I can sleep in tomorrow. Thank you, God!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment