Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful

What am I thankful for?

* That God loves me so much that He calls me his daughter
* That I have a loving mother who has always been there physically, emotionally, financially, and any other way. She's been here for me whenever I needed her. We've had a lot of good times and some bad, but I have never questioned her love for me.
* My brother, Ross. We were best friends as children--and I absolutely love him! I can't wait for him to come home this week for Thanksgiving so we can spend some time together!
* My sister, Shannon, who was stillborn. While I've never met her, I SO look forward to the day we meet in Heaven!
* Other family: My dad, stepmom, stepsister (and her daughter!), aunts, uncles, grandparents (though they are no longer alive), cousins. I'm thankful for the family I have in my life.
* "Family" and friends: I have been blessed with wonderful friends, like the Lee's, Michele, my InterVarsity friends, and a LOT of other people who, while not blood related, are family to me. I'm thankful for their constant love and support.
* I'm thankful that I have "bad" days. Without the bad days, the pain, the sickness, the sadness... I wouldn't realize how truly blessed I am.
* I'm also thankful for the good days--the days of rest.
* I'm thankful for silly things like coloring books, Christmas movies, and cats.
* I'm thankful for books. I love them!
* I'm thankful for music, which makes me happy and lifts my spirits.
* I'm thankful for a home to live in... and for my space heater that keeps it liveable for me in the winter! (hehe)
* I'm thankful that my fears didn't come true--that the surgery has worked and I've lost 90 lbs.
* I'm thankful for little pleasures, like finding out I can drink sparkling cider because there is no sugar in it (it's just apple juice with natural sugars which I am allowed to have)
* I'm thankful for my three cats... the laughs they bring, the love they give, the entertainment they are
* I'm thankful that YOU care enough about me to even be reading this right now
* I'm thankful for SO much. Even on the hardest, most painful day, I am blessed. God has given me far beyond what I deserve... and continues to bless me more than I can imagine.

No comments: