Today was quite possibly the most unproductive day I've had in weeks. Even when I had the flu, I got things done.
I woke up this morning to see if I was going to babysit. I told Aimee that I had a bad cold, but that I would babysit if she needed me. I checked last night around midnight, checked this morning at 7:30, and again at 9... when I didn't hear from her, I sent her a message and told her that if she needed me, to just call me. I got a facebook message from her at 9:06 saying had a meeting today so she wouldn't need me. I didn't get the message until almost noon.
So I tried to go back to sleep around 8 and then again around 9... I didn't get out of bed until 11:30, but didn't sleep well last night. Was up until well after 3, and tossed and turned after that. I am so tired today!
I laid down all afternoon and did nothing. I wanted to get some homework done (I have some due tomorrow...), but I didn't even open it. I wanted to do the dishes for my mom, but I didn't get to it. I just laid down all afternoon. Unfortunately, it wasn't a fun lazy day to just relax. It was a "I feel HORRIBLE and can't function" kind of day. I feel better after I take my medicine, but it only lasts for a few hours. I can't wait until 4 hours have passed and I can take my medicine. I also have been using Vicks Vapor Rub constantly.
I am pretty sure tonight was the last night to sign up for the women's retreat. I sent a facebook message to Kelsey and Annie to ask for sure, but I think the deadline was tonight. I had planned to go, and was really excited. Annie told me what we were going to talk about each day, and I was super excited! What's better than a weekend with God and good friends? Well, then I ended up sick. I MAY be better by tomorrow, but may not. Either way, it's probably too late to sign up.
A few days ago if you told me that I was going to miss the retreat, I would have been very sad and frustrated. Not that I am HAPPY to miss it, but at peace. I think God has been telling me lately that it's okay to say no.. it's okay to rest.. physically.. and to rest in Him. So if I don't go, I will spend the weekend at home with my mom. I'll do some homework, watch some movies, and work on my Beth Moore Bible study. That would be okay too. As much as I love fellowship, I love rest too. That may be what I need more. We'll see.
Sunday my church is having the annual Thanksgiving festival. There are two services, and turkey dinners afterwards (requiring a ticket). I'd like to go to both, but I don't think I will. I can't stand the smell of foods, and Thanksgiving at the Lee's is going to be hard enough for me. I don't think I want to go through it twice. I'd just go to the service, but I am not sure I can sit through church with the smells in the air. I get so sick when I smell food.
So if I don't go to the retreat, I guess I'll just spend some time with God alone this weekend!
I still need to do my assignment that is due tomorrow. My goal for homework to get done before Monday is this:
SPED 432
Paper due Nov 27 on RtI
EDFN 460
E-mail topic for mini-paper by 11/20
Unit 12 Reading: Freeman Chapter 7 and Crystal pg 88-93
Unit 12 Morphology Assignment 1 due 11/20
Unit 13 Reading: Freeman Chapter 8
Unit 13 Morphology Assignment 2 (Freeman pg 214-215 exercise 1 OR 2) due 11/25
That's not too much, but if I feel like this all weekend, it will be a struggle.
Hoping I feel better soon so that I can be productive tomorrow and have a good weekend, whatever I do!
I just have a few more things to finish for Christmas presents--I am so excited! I can't wait until next weekend to put up our Christmas tree. It will be interesting with 2 cats and a kitten. Last year we had no ornaments. I was hoping to have some this year, but they would have to be ones that can't break--we'll see. Tis the season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment