Deer: 1 Sarah: 0
Ugh. What a day.
I woke up early to go to Source, a prayer summit for InterVarsity. I was excited for the day... and even more excited when I went to get dressed. A pair of jeans that have been too small for over a year (a new pair.. never been worn) FIT! I was so excited. So I wore a new shirt and new jeans and celebrated because today I hit 80 lbs lost.
I got to campus and eventually we left. We ate lunch at Subway. I couldn't eat much at al, but picked at a sandwich a bit. The prayer summit was good, but halfway into it, my back started killing me! I talked to Aimee and she told me I could lay down during the sessions instead of sitting with the group. That helped a bit, but I still had to get up and move around. I was sore... and by 6 pm when it was over, I was ready to go.
Well, the SDSU group wanted to eat with some of the kids from another school, so they went to Arbys. I can't stand the smell of most foods, and can eat even fewer foods.. so I sat in the car and waited. Well, you wouldn't think it would take that long, but they talked and talked and played signs, and pretty soon it was about 50 minutes before we got out of there. I wasn't happy about being left out (not by their fault, of course..) and was a little irritated at how long it took. My day just wasn't going so well.
So finally we get in the car and go... but we had to drop a girl off in Sioux Falls. A wrong turn and a "low fuel" sign later, we finally get to the gas station to wait for her ride--who wasn't there and took quite awhile to come. All I wanted was to be at home.. I was trying not to get irritated and upset, but I was in pain and just didn't feel good. The girls shared some peanut butter ice cream, and the smell made me feel sick.
So we finally got on the road, and I figured all the hurdles were jumped. That is until a deer hit the side of my mom's car. UGH!!! I was even watching so carefully for deer... but they really do come out of nowhere. THANKFULLY, nobody was hurt (except maybe the deer--I'm not sure about the little fella) and there wasn't a single dent in the car. I tensed up, though, and so my back is killing me. I was really shook up and cried most of the way home.
FINALLY I got home a little after 11. I am so worn out. I haven't eaten since lunch, so after I drink a little water I am going to eat something. Then I will be going to bed... I am so ready for it to be tomorrow. Today started out amazing, but went downhill very quickly.
I don't mean to be a downer... I am alive and healthy and that is good. Today just didn't go as I had hoped, and I am a bit disappointed.
Here's to a better day tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment