Yesterday was a very exhausting day, but fun. My mom and I headed to Sioux Falls around 1 to get clothes for student teaching. I needed to use the $350 voucher from Voc Rehab because it expires at the end of January.
We had a few things we needed to do and so we didn't end up getting there until about 2:30 or maybe even a little later... but it was good. We were there for about 3 hours shopping, trying on things, and whatnot. Crazy!
I had never been to the store before.. but when I walked in, I saw that there was not just one, but several (5 or so) racks that were 60% off! And that was 60% off with most being an already reduced price. So the first thing I did was grab something in the size I thought I was... and the size down... I went to try them on, and was very happy when I fit into the smaller size!! :) Woohoo! 111 lbs lost and down a couple of sizes! :)
So once I knew what size I was, I looked at all the stuff on the 60% off racks. There was so much cute stuff! I liked that stuff better than some that was not at all on sale and was the "new, in style" stuff. :) I loved how the store organized racks--it was by size... at places like Walmart, everything of the same type is thrown on one rack and it's sad to find something you love and then see that it's not available in your size. So that was neat to not have to deal with that at all. I found soooo many cute things! I had found a ton of shirts and only one pair of pants... and I knew I would need (or like to have) at least 5 pairs of pants so laundry wouldn't have to be done every single night! So we asked the lady working there if she could add up what we had so far, so I could see how much I had for pants. The vouches was for $350... I was sure that I was already over $250... I was very shocked when my mom told me that it was only $125!!!
So we quick finished looking at the 60% off racks and then moved on to pants. Obviously pants (that are not on sale) are pretty expensive... but I found two pairs that were $20 each (normally $36 each) and then found some that were about $45 but 25% off. I think I only paid full price for one thing--one pair of pants that were $48.
We kept adding to our total.. and she would say $80 left... $50 left... etc.. it was funny! It was SO HARD to use up $350! Only because of all the sales--otherwise it would have been very easy. I got 4 huge bags full of stuff--5 pairs of pants and 14 shirts. It's all very cute... and the best part is that I only had to pay $1.14 for it all!
The only problem is that she didn't know how to process the voucher. The manager had to do it.. so her solution was that they would ship the stuff out on Tuesday. Okay, but the problem is that I need to dress up on Wednesday and Thursday for seminars. So eventually my mom and I decided that we'd come back Monday to pick them up.
I had plans to meet with 3 friends in Sioux Falls on Monday. One of those friends I haven't seen in so long, so I was so excited! The problem is, my pain isn't any better. I don't feel safe driving an hour each way when the pain is this bad. It was bad enough to drive to Madison for school. (I realize I will have to do that Tuesday--I'm worried about that as well). So my mom said she'd drive me down... and while I'm hanging out, take a nap in the car or something... and then we could go get my clothes. If we did that, we'd want to leave here at 12 or 1 and get going early afternoon so we could get back. Well I just saw today on Facebook that one of the girls can't hang out til 3. So I don't think it's going to work out for me to hang out with them. I sent a message to Liz (the one I haven't seen in so long) explaining the situation.. and asking if there was any way her and I could get together earlier and just catch up one on one... because I don't think I can wait until 3. I haven't heard back from her yet, so we'll see.
I am really frustrated that my pain is still this bad. It's gotten worse since I've seen the doctor. He can't really figure out what it is... he said there is a slight possibility it may be a viral infection (which aren't treatable with antibiotics).. but he also said the blood work showed no infection. So I think he's just saying that's what it is because he can't figure out what it truly is.
The thing is.. the pain is so so so bad... the pain is bad... but the burning is the worst feeling I've ever felt in the world. It literally feels like I'm burning alive from the inside out. I wish I could have the people around me feel it for two minutes because nobody seems to understand how intense this is. Burning sensations are symptoms for a LOT of conditions. I just want to break down into tears and scream... because I hurt so bad and can't do anything to help. We (well, mostly my mom) fought so hard to get the Lyrica... and it helped the first two days.. and now it's not helping the pain AT ALL.. not even for 5 minutes. I don't know what to do. Will probably have to go back to the doctor this week, and dreading that... :(
School is going well so far. I have started on several projects for my class. I've finished a couple and have some that are more than half done. It's really interesting... most of the people in our class have learned this stuff in one of Dr. Geary's classes before. Since I've never had him, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. I have to try to learn it all on my own... the days we aren't required to come to class, I may end up going since I may need his help. I don't mind driving--if I need help. I just don't want to go that far if I can do it from home.
I am so exhausted... still haven't made any progress on the Provigil (medicine to help me stay awake during the day). I had such a hard time last night staying awake and talking. After we got my clothes, we stopped by the mall really quick... and then we went to Applebees and had supper with Carla. It's bad when I can't even finish sentences I started... I was in a daze and exhausted. I also didn't really enjoy my food and hardly ate any... and paid the bill... so it was an expensive few bites for me. Was fun though... we were there for a few hours, and didn't get home til... 11 or so? I don't remember for sure what time it was... but it was late. Was a long and tiring day.
I am about ready to fall asleep right now. I'm going to attempt to read a bit, but I may crash and fall asleep. We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment