This week starts the craziness that is my life again!
The last few weeks I've done nothing but lay around in my PJs and relax--partly because it's been Christmas break, and party because I've been in a lot of pain.
Today I was able to relax a bit. I finished book 4 in my 100 book challenge, and started book 5.
Tonight, my mom and I went out to her friend Robin's house and started learning how to crochet. We went right from the basic idea to a more complex stitch and I became frustrated because I couldn't do it. Turns out there was an in between stitch that we skipped over. We went back and I learned that and picked it up easily. Things generally come naturally to me and there isn't much that I have to really work hard to do--so it's hard when I can't get something right. I'm going to practice the single stitch for awhile until I am comfortable with it, and then we'll probably go back and she can show me how to make a blanket. :)
I need to try to get to bed early tonight, because I have a busy day tomorrow. I am driving to Sioux Falls early tomorrow morning (have to leave here at 8 which means I have to be up before 7) to have breakfast with a good friend that I haven't seen since 2006. I'm so excited to see her and take a picture together! :) I saw her parents in October, but really miss Erica!
So we'll sit and talk for a few hours and I will head back to Brookings. I am watching Chaya at 1--I don't know how long I will be there... several hours, I assume.
Then, if I am done before 5, I have to go run an errand for student teaching. If I'm still there at 5, I will have to do that Wednesday. I will also be watching Chaya Wednesday afternoon.
I also want to get to the library and get a new card some time this week.
I can't believe that next Thursday school starts again! From next Thursday on, I'll be getting up at 6:30 am. Yuck! I'm starting tonight to try to get my sleeping schedule back on a normal schedule. It helps that I will wake up early tomorrow.
As I've said before, I have been involved for years with an online church/ministry. That will be closing soon (probably), so three of the staff at the church (staff meaning leaders--we aren't paid, but we're called staff) started a new church. I've put hours and hours (sometimes 6 or more hours a day, sometimes many hours a week) into this ministry. I e-mail out my final "resignation letter" last night. I will not only be quitting with the first ministry, but also the new one. While I am a bit sad to lose that part of my life, I know God is taking me elsewhere. I'll be busy with school and getting more involved with my church. I have a peace about it all--but it'll be hard to delete the program off my computer and totally walk away!
My eyes burn like I am exhausted, yet I don't feel like I could sleep. I'm going to wait a bit and then get some water and try to be in bed by 10:30. That would give me 8 hours of sleep. We'll see if it happens or not. I'm going to finish a few things and think about heading to bed! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment