Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bike ride!

Today was a good and bad day all wrapped into one.

I started out the morning with my appointment with the physical therapist. Unfortunately, he really wasn't able to do much. He gave me some exercises and told me to come back in a week.

I was frustrated by the appointment... I had plans to meet up with a friend, but I called her and she didn't answer. She never called back, and we didn't get to hang out.

Instead I went home and laid down and rested a bit. I can tell that I spent most of the day off my feet, because my feet are feeling pretty good right now. Don't get me wrong, there is still pain... a lot of pain... but it's not quite as bad as it was yesterday or the day before.

Today I was able to do something that I haven't done in YEARS. I got out my bike and went for a ride! My brother bought me a bike several years ago, and I was not able to use it. Today for the first time in years, I got the bike out and rode. I rode 1.5 miles, which is not bad for a first ride! It's hard to ride when my feet hurt, but it was easier to ride than to walk.

Tomorrow morning I am heading to Madison early. I had a meeting at 11, but due to a family problem, it was moved to 8 am. I'm hoping the pain stays at a minimum tomorrow so that I can get through the day.

The rest of the weekend will be spent planning. Starting Monday, I will be teaching all day long--every subject. That means I have a LOT more planning to do. Saturday and Sunday I will be doing lots and lots of planning. I also hope to tidy up my room this weekend. If I have extra energy, I'd love to work on cleaning out the closet full of clothes that I have. We'll see if I get to that or not.

My feet are starting to hurt more... the pain always tends to get worse at night. The shooting and burning pain increases. I do have heat on my feet, and that helps a bit.

I plan on spending the night on the computer and probably finding a bit of time to read some of my book. I think I'm about halfway done with it. I'm going to go do something else for a bit. I'm hoping to get to bed very early, since I have to get up at 6:15. (Yuck!)

No comments: