Things are still going well with student teaching. There's not a whole lot to update on, though. I've just been doing observation and grading and working individually with students or in small groups. Technically I should still be observing and not yet working with students, so my teacher seems quite impressed by how fast I grade things, how quick I catch on (to putting them in her online grade book, etc), and how willing I am to work with students already. So far so good! I'm enjoying it.
I am incredibly sore by the end of each day... and I'm not sure how to make the pain situation any better. Between my back and my legs/feetl, I am just a mess at night. My mom rubs my feet and gives them massages (in the morning and before bed) which helps a LOT. Even heat doesn't help much anymore.
Tonight I will be eating supper soon and then will be heading to Bible study. Last week I was there until 10 takling to Sally... hopefully tonight I can leave right when it's over. I do enjoy talking, but hope to get home early enough for my mom to rub my feet and help me get the cats out of the room so I can get settled for the night. Definitely going to bed early tonight!
I will be going to get blood work done on Friday to see about a Vitamin D deficiency and possibly B 12. I'm not sure if we're doing the B 12 or not--that was checked in November and was fine. Apparently a Vitamin D deficiency can cause problems like the aching in my feet. We'll see what the results say.
Today was the first official meeting I sat through as a student teacher. It was all the third grade teachers in town from the two schools. They talked about the language arts standards and writing standards and things like that. They had met previously, so I was a little confused but was able to follow along pretty well. I took notes for our neighboring teacher who didn't make it to the meeting because of a serious incident that happened at school today--she was in a meeting with the principal. At least I was good for something! :) It was a bit above my head, but that's to be expected.
Tomorrow is my "big meeting". It's when my supervisor comes to meet my cooperating teacher. The three of us will sit down and go through a bunch of things. That is, assuming the weather cooperates. My supervisor comes from Madison. The teachers were talking today and saying that after midnight, we are supposed to get freezing rain and then get snow on top of that... and several inches of snow on Friday. So we'll see!
I'm going to go help my mom with my supper... but I just wanted to let everyone know that things are going well so far and I'm really enjoying student teaching, even though I'm sore and exhausted! :) It's worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment