Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick!

Surprisingly, I made it almost a month in the school system before getting sick. I started student teaching February 1st (I can't believe it's been almost a month!), and am dealing with my first sickness-a nasty cold. It's not the end of the world... just congestion, headache, sore throat, etc. It's certainly not fun, but I'll live. It definitely is taking my energy away, though. It's draining fast these days.

I've had no long term relief with my feet and legs, and the aching is so hard to tolerate. Thankfully, I get a little relief from the icy hot and the heating pad... but the relief comes in small doses. Very small, in fact! I can't wait for this pain to get better.

Teaching is going well, but really is wearing me out. Between the pain, sickness, and just busy schedule and such--I have been getting tired so early at night. I went to bed before 9 last night. I've been going to be early at night, but waking up several times throughout the night (generally at 11-12, 3 am, and 5 am). It's frustrating and I wish I would just sleep soundly all night--my body needs it.

I've now lost 127 lbs. Getting there--slow but steady. I can't wait for warmer days when I can go outside and go for walks. I also can't wait for the day that I can ride my bike again! It will be so so so nice. Right now I don't really get any exercise except while standing up teaching. Don't get me wrong--that's a lot of standing/walking around and is exhausting. I really look forward to evening walks in the nice weather, though.

It's only 7:20, but I'd LOVE to go to bed. I should plan something, but I may put it off until tomorrow. I do have to get my medicine down before bed, and that's always an ordeal. I have 5 pills to take tonight. Yuck! I don't handle pills well. And that's without taking Prilosec, which I need to start taking for acid reflux. I don't plan to start it today--I will struggle enough with 5 pills.

No comments: