FINALLY got some results that may lead somewhere and eventually reduce the pain in my life! I'll write about that in a minute...
My second week of student teaching is going well. I taught my first lesson yesterday. My lesson today went about an hour overtime--but with the teacher's permission first. The students were working so well and so we just kept going. I now have to alter my lesson for tomorrow. It's going well so far, though. Over the weekend I had a nasty migraine that made me so sick to my stomach. Yesterday was tough to get through--my cooperating teacher told me that I could go home, but I stuck it out and made it through the day. While I still have a bit of a headache today, it's much better! :)
Okay, back to the results. Got home at 5 pm and there was a letter from the clinic. On Friday I had blood work done to test my Vitamin D levels. I don't understand how a deficiency in Vitamin D can cause intense pain--so I'm still a bit unsure that this is the one and only problem. But...
A normal level is between 30 and 100. My level is 4. Yeah, that's quite deficient! So my doctor advised something about 50,000 units twice a week for a month (or something like that) and then a lower number from there. I looked online, but can't find the right information. I don't know if this is in shot form, pill form, or what... but most of the pill information I found was that it was fish oil related. I have such a hard time taking pills because they upset my stomach--and the smells of certain pills and the tastes of them are too much for me to handle. IF these are pills I have to take that taste or smell like fish, I already know I won't be able to handle it. So I need to get some more information. Hopefully I can find a treatment though and maybe if that level is back where it needs to be, the pain will lesson. Let's hope so!
I need to do some planning tonight for tomorrow and Thursday, and eat supper... then hopefully I'll be in bed fairly early. My head hurt so badly last night and I was in bed by 9 pm! Crazy stuff.
I'm going to go try to get some stuff done... I'm busy busy busy these days! 8 hours at school, up and down, on my feet, working with loud children... very different from sitting in a desk for hours at a class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment