Sunday, February 7, 2010

Awful migraine...

After such a good first week, I certainly didn't plan for my weekend to go this way.

Friday night I took the chance to relax and unwind from a busy week. I guess that was my mistake, and I should have spent the night planning. I woke up Saturday morning with an awful headache, that eventually turned into a full blown migraine. I took a 3 hour nap yesterday and was still asleep shortly after 11 pm.

I woke up around 7:30 this morning and took some Imitrex for the migraine, but it didn't help at all. It made me feel worse for a little bit before I dozed off to sleep. I woke up again at 10:30 with horrible pain. The pain is awful, and it makes me SO sick to my stomach. Ugh!

I have planning to get done today. I had hoped to plan all 5 reading lessons for this week, but I'll be doing well if I can just get through tomorrow's lesson. I e-mailed my teacher, since she said she'd be checking her e-mail if I had any questions or problems. I wanted to let her know why I hadn't e-mailed her and assure her that I'd have tomorrow's lesson planned. Our neighboring teacher gets bad migraines, and so my teacher has helped her out quite a bit when she gets them. She said that if I am still not better tomorrow, she can teach the lesson. I'm hoping that for my sake that isn't the case--I can't handle one more day of feeling this way--but it's nice that she is so understanding.

I had a long list of things to get at the store today--some for school and some other stuff--but I don't know if I will make it. I'm not sure what to do. I need these things, but if I go out in the cold and walk around, I may feel worse. I already am in so much pain and every movement makes me feel like I am going to throw up. :( It's not fun.

I hate that the two days that should be restful and fun are the days I spend in bed feeling horrible. I really need energy for the upcoming week... every weekend I deal with this in some form or another. Seriously--the last three weekends I've been in bed in pain or sick. :( It's so frustrating.

I just want to feel better... is that so much to ask for?

No comments: