Friday, May 7, 2010

Graduation and Mayo!

It's been awhile since I have updated. Things have been crazy in my life!

I am now finished with my student teaching semester. The pain in my feet got so bad that I had to quit two weeks early. The good news is that I had taught enough that I am still able to graduate and don't have to make those two weeks up.

The burning pain and shooting pains have gotten so incredibly bad. It used to come in spurts, but now I have extreme pain all day every day... I get absolutely no relief from all the pain medicine I am on. It's frustrating.

I saw my surgeon on Wednesday. A few of my vitamin levels are very very low which can cause neuropathy, which has a lot of the same symptoms that I do. I am probably dealing with that. The surgeon and nurse were very impressed with how much weight I have lost, especially since I haven't seen them in many months and have not been able to exercise because of this pain. I've lost 152 lbs. I can't wait until I am feeling better and can exercise and lose weight a bit faster. My surgeon put me on a ton of vitamins, so I am being faithful and getting them all in my system, even though I hate taking pills. I don't know how much it'll help. I've been taking vitamin D since December and my level hasn't gone up AT ALL!!! So I'm a bit discouraged and feeling like all these pills are useless... but I will take them anyway.

I am currently working on backing up my school computer as I turn it in today! I have to go to Madison to turn in my tablet, drop off my Teaching Work Sample (a huge project that I worked on for almost 12 hours yesterday! It's so hard to focus with the pain, but if I didn't get it done, I would have to take an incomplete for the semester until I finished...) and then I have graduation practice.

I can't believe that at this time tomorrow, I will be a college graduate. Woohoo! It's been a long, rough road... but God, my family, and friends have been there to help me get through it. I'm so thankful that it's almost here. I've been counting down for months! :)

I suppose... I should finish backing this up so I can get ready to head to Madison.

Oh! I forgot to mention the most important thing! My appointment with Mayo is on Monday. My mom and I are heading to Rochester on Sunday. Who knows how long we'll be there--I will have my phone and computer, but I may not update much. Please please continue to pray for me! I'm hoping to find some answers and some relief from this awful pain!

No comments: